Wednesday, June 11, 2008

TIMELY AND ACCURATE -- TOO MUCH TO ASK?

Thank you for those who wrote in about the previous post regarding my son's baseball injury. Thank you, too, to everyone who read the blog and wished him well!

I thought I would take this opportunity to provide an update. I neglected to mention in my story that the x-ray was initially read by both the nurse practitioner and the radiologist as negative (no break). Fair enough -- we were relieved.

However, after a week or so of persistent pain and my son's complaints of not being able to play his guitar (a skill and passion very near and dear to his heavy metal rocker heart), we made an appointment to see an orthopedist. Well, it appears that there was, in fact, a break. He is now re-casted, unable to play baseball or the guitar!

So, I guess you could argue that my insistence on getting the x-ray read over the Memorial Day weekend didn't much matter -- it was read incorrectly anyway! It does appear, though, that there is no great harm done, and he seems to be healing nicely.

Winnie Tobin

No comments:

Post a Comment

Share

Bookmark and Share